FREQUENTLY ASKED QUETIONS
- 2-1-1 is an easy to remember, free 24-hour telephone number that connects people with important community services seven days a week, 365 days a year.
- 2-1-1 is statewide with designated call centers serving specific geographical areas of the state.
- 2-1-1’s certified service specialists work from a comprehensive database that includes current information on area health and human service agencies such as state government offices, non-profits, faith-based organizations and others.
- 2-1-1 has access to a language translation service to better serve all Oklahomans.
- 2-1-1 is free and available to anyone in need. By dialing 2-1-1 on any landline or cell phone, the caller will be connected to a call center serving that particular geographical area.
- 2-1-1’s certified service specialists assess a caller’s needs and determine what service providers in the area are best equipped to provide the needed help.
- 2-1-1 specialists refer the caller directly to appropriate service providers.
2-1-1 works closely with Oklahoma Emergency Management and the Office of Homeland Security, empowering the state to better respond to large-scale emergencies and homeland security needs.
- 2-1-1 increases early access to community services, reduces the trauma and higher costs of delayed care and promotes self-sufficiency.
- 2-1-1 provides aggregated state and national data from 2-1-1 systems to better assess gaps in service and the needs of communities.
- 2-1-1 serves as a portal for emergency disaster response information, relieving the burden on 9-1-1 for non-life threatening calls and giving emergency responders a way to reach the public with accurate, real-time information.